We began making hot process lye soap to help with skin problems my daughter and I had. Also, I found it fun. Well, after a month, my skin didn't hurt and my daughter, Kyla, no longer had white flaky, itchy, dry skin. Also I had a 40 yr old mole fell off! The Tea Tree oil claims to have anti-fungal properties and I also noted after 2 months my feet no longer itched or had skin peeling off between my toes! I thought by using NATURAL ingredients instead of harmful ones like “Triclosan” the FDA just banned, that this would Help folks! I used to watch my Grandma make lye soap in the basement. We make soap and “bag & tag” each one according to “kind & intended purpose” along with our business card. Lye is mixed into water and is immediately turned into SOAP when it mixes with our 3 triglycerides: Lard, Coconut oil, & Soybean oil. (except in Castile soap (virgin olive oil soap). The Lye is GONE! First, this “mixture” goes to “trace”. Then, after heating, begins the “saponification”
1) Goes hard,
2) Goes waxy – which is the beginning of making into soap. Next, after cooking, a temperature drop to certain degrees for adding fragrances & oils (or not, for scentless “lye” soap).
A Major Fact about Lye Soap is that it Isn't Lye Soap!!! The “lye water” goes thru a chemical reaction where it isn't lye anymore!!! Kinda like H2 meeting up with O then becoming H2O: a gas meeting another gas = water ! So, lye + triglycerides = SOAP !!! No lye ! (Ha, ha, no pun intended)
We make & sell almost any kind of soap 1+1/16” thick x 3.75”L x 2.5 to 2.75”W , 6 oz. bar with any kind of essential oils for $3.75. (bulk sale: negotiable) Examples:
1) Eucalyptus, Lemon Grass, Tea Tree, --- with --- Shea Nut oil, Glycerin, Vit E (with mix of one or more of: Turmeric, Kelp, Spirulina, Beet root, Madder root –- or not)
2) Virgin Olive Oil, Lavender, Peppermint, Glycerin
3) Cinnamon, Cassia, Clove, Shea Nut Oil, Glycerin, Vit. E
4) Basic soap – no added fragrances-- a plain lye soap (or a tiny amt. of lavender & tea tree). This in a 13/16” thick, 3.75”L x 2.50”W, 4 oz. bar sells for Only $1.50 (bulk sale, $1.25)
*** Payment: We take Visa, MC, Check or out of your returned Deposit when you stay at Pine Ridge Log Cabins! To Order, Call: 417-779-5095 or 417-331-1556.
*** WE SHIP to anywhere, USA. Mostly Priority Mail or UPS for larger amt.s.
Right now, Priority Mail for 3 Bars is $6.65. Delivery in central U.S.A. is usually 2-3 days for small box.
*** Local Pickup Sales: 5704 E. State Hwy 86, Blue Eye, MO 65611